understanding the Public’s Health
Health promotion and communication strategies have proven to be effective at advancing public health initiatives over time. We have also learned that policy strategies have helped to advance many public health causes.
Using the weekly readings, the South University online library resources, and the Internet, research the health promotions and communication strategies.
Based on your research, respond to the following:
- Do you believe health promotion or communication strategies can be effective without policy? Why or why not? Provide an example to support your opinion.
Give reasons and examples in support of your responses. Be sure to cite any relevant resources.
Write your initial response in approximately 300 words. Your responses should clarify your understanding of the topic. They should be your own, original, and free from plagiarism. Follow the APA format for writing style, spelling and grammar, and citation of sources.
By the due date assigned, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through the end of the week, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses. Participate in the discussion by analyzing each response for completeness and accuracy and by suggesting specific additions or clarifications for improving the discussion question response.
- Explained with reason if health promotion or communication strategies can be effective without policy.
- Substantiated the response with a relevant example.
- Responses demonstrated in-depth research and analysis.
- Justified your answers with appropriate research and reasoning.
- Commented on the postings of at least two peers.