The Diverse Nature of Psychology Paper
minimum 1,050-word paper in which you analyze the diverse nature of psychology as a discipline.
Address the following items as a part of your analysis:
- Evaluate the influence of diversity on psychology’s major concepts.
- Identify two examples of subdisciplines and two examples of subtopics within psychology. Examples of major concepts and their subtopics include the following:
- Motivation: theory of emotion, and approach and avoidance
- Behaviorism: aggression, cheating, and binge drinking
- Cognition: cognitive dissonance and false memories
- How can the subdisciplines and subtopics you identified be applied to other disciplines and venues in contemporary society?
- Relate the subdisciplines and subtopics to your theoretical perspective.
- Conclude with your psychological contribution to society in the areas of work, education, health, and leisure.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Choose one of the case studies provided in the electronic readings for Week One.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper in which you analyze cross-cultural psychology. As a part of your analysis, do the following:
- Provide an overview of the case study.
- Use the case study to provide a definition and an example of cultural and cross-cultural psychology.
- Analyze the relationship between cultural psychology and cross-cultural psychology.
- Discuss the methodology associated with cross-cultural psychology research.
- Discuss how the case study helps you better understand how ethnicity, race, and worldviews are separate yet related concepts.
- Discuss how enculturation may play a role in the case study you have chosen.