A nurse is assisting a patient with a regular bedpan. Which nursing actions are essential? Select all that apply.
1. ____Position the patient slightly off the back edge of the bedpan.
2. ____Fold the top linen out of the way when putting the patient on the bedpan.
3. ____ Remain outside the curtains of the bed until the patient is done using the bedpan.
4. ____ Elevate the head of the bed to the Fowler position after the patient is on the bedpan.
5. ____ Raise the side rails on both sides of the bed after the patient is positioned on the bedpan.