Unit IV Case Study
Analysis of an Air – Sampling Report
Click here to view a PDF of a typical sampling report. Compose a two to three page analysis that addresses the following questions:
1. What is the purpose of the exposure assessment?
2. Why was the exposure assessment conducted?
3. What type of sampling (personal or area) was conducted, and why?
4. What are the chemicals that were sampled, and what are their hazards?
5. What are the most likely routes of exposure given the nature of the business?
6. Describe the sampling equipment and methods used to collect the sample.
7. Provide an overview of the results, including an explanation of the â€œadditive formula,â€ and discuss them
in relation to the applicable exposure limit.
8. Were there any off-normal or unplanned incidents relative to sample collection?
9. Provide a summary of the recommendations made by Sam â€œIHâ€ Sampler.
10. Comment on the thoroughness of the study. Did you feel that the exposure assessment was comprehensive? If not, what additional information would you provide?
11. Comment on who the target audience would be for this report. If you were the plant director of ACME Printing, would you be comfortable with sharing this with an auditor from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)? Do you have any concerns related to sharing this with your employees?
In addition to addressing the listed questions, you should consider using additional background materials to support your analysis. Materials should be cited using APA formatting style to include in-text citations and a reference list. You should also paraphrase information obtained from outside sources; that is, use your own words. Do not simply cut and paste materials from outside sources. Limit directly quoted materials to no more than three to five sentences for the entire case study overview , and always use quotation marks for direct quotes of outside sources.