o Chapter 11: Job Discrimination
ï‚· Case Study
o Case 11.2: Hoop Dreams
“Military Brass Vow: Sexual Assault Issue Now a Priority.” CBS Evening News. 4 June 2013. Cbsnews.com
this is for the BUS309 CLASS
FOR MY BUS 475 CLASS I STILL NEED THAT PAPER DONE WITH THE POWERPOINT
Assignment 2: Challenges in the Global Business Environment
Due Week 8 and worth 280 points
According to the textbook, ongoing challenges in the global business environment are mostly attributed to unethical business practices, failure to embrace technology advancements, and stiff competition among businesses. Use the Internet to research the code of ethical conduct of one (1) of the following organizations:
ï‚· Hershey Company
Next, use the Internet to research the code of ethical conduct of two (2) similar companies in the same industry as the company you have chosen.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
1. Specify, in brief, the nature, structure, types of products or service of the business you selected. Examine the information within the companyâ€™s code of ethical conduct, and choose three (3) key issues from within the document that you believe are critical for success. Provide a rationale for the response.
2. Using the three (3) key issues you selected as a benchmark, compare and contrast the codes of conduct of two (2) similar companies within the same industry as your chosen company.
3. Examine the extent to which the two (2) similar companies you researched have addressed the key issues you selected. Hypothesize two (2) potential positive outcomes for each company if each addresses the key issues in question and two (2) potential adverse effects if each company fails to address these issues.
4. Propose two (2) techniques that the original company you selected could use in order to ensure that its code of conduct will remain relevant through years of changing economic, political, social, cultural, and technological forces on business and society. Next, evaluate the effectiveness of two (2) methods that the company currently adopts in order to manage environment issues.
5. Examine two (2) approaches that the original company you selected has taken in order to embrace technological advancements for innovation and thus improve business offerings. Anticipate three (3) potential technological challenges the company could face, and recommend one (1) strategy that the company could use in order to eliminate or minimize each of these anticipated challenges.
6. Specify at least one (1) one lobbying strategy that the original company you selected has used in an effort to influence national or local government decisions in its favor. Summarize the issue in question, and ascertain whether or not the lobbying effort was appropriate. Justify the response.
7. Analyze two (2) global corporate citizenship efforts of the original company you selected, and assess the extent to which these efforts are effective in accomplishing the companyâ€™s goals. Examine the manner in which the two (2) global citizenship efforts could contribute significantly to the companyâ€™s sustainable development goals.
8. Use at least four (4) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Assignment 3: Presentation of Assignment 2
Due Week 10 and worth 100 points
In this assignment, you will condense information from Assignment 2 to create a PowerPoint presentation.
Faculty Note: If there is a hardship for any student in being able to secure a microphone to complete this assignment, allow the student to use the notes section of PowerPoint to write a narrative of what he or she would say if actually presenting.
Create a nine (9) slide PowerPoint Presentation in which you:
1. Provide a title slide (as indicated in the format requirements below) followed by a slide with an introduction to your presentation.
2. Summarize your response to each of the criteria in Assignment 2 â€“ one (1) slide per criterion, for a total of seven (7) slides.
3. Provide a summary slide which addresses key points of your paper.
4. Narrate each slide, using a microphone, and indicate what you would say if you were actually presenting in front of an audience.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
ï‚· Format the PowerPoint presentation with headings on each slide and three to four (3-4) relevant graphics (photographs, graphs, clip art, etc.), ensuring that the presentation is visually appealing and readable from 18 feet away. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
ï‚· Include a title slide containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The title slide is not included in the required slide length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
ï‚· Evaluate the influences of changing economic, political, social, cultural, and technological forces on business and society.
ï‚· Use technology and information resources to research issues in business and society.
ï‚· Write clearly and concisely about business and society using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.