Click the link above to submit your assignment.
Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 1: Organizational Analysis
Due Week 4 and worth 250 points
Select an organization (be sure to have your instructorâ€™s approval by Week 3 before starting this assignment) in which you are familiar, if only as a regular patron.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Describe the organization, what it does, the customers it serves, and its size.
- Research the organizationâ€™s mission statement. Discuss the role HR will play (or does play) in fostering the organizationâ€™s mission statement.
- Assess the common HR challenges facing this organization (e.g., high turn-over, low wages, lack of skilled workers, etc.). Recommend an HR strategy you would implement to overcome the challenges assessed.
- Determine how effective your recommendation above will be to making the organization more competitive.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the human resource management process, its role in supporting the overall organizational strategies, and the various functions involved in human resource management.
- Analyze business strategy to identify human resource requirements and formulate supporting HRM plans that can improve productivity and contribute to the firmâ€™s competitiveness.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in human resource management.
- Write clearly and concisely about human resource management using proper writing mechanics.
here to view the grading rubric.