Assignment 2: Creating, Financing, and Marketing a Business
Due Week 8 and worth 280 points
Write a 3-4 page paper in which you:
- Identify the pros and cons of the partnership as a form of ownership.
- Discuss funding options for small businesses.
- Determine and discuss how managerial accounting can help managers with product costing, incremental analysis, and budgeting.
- Discuss the basic components of the marketing process using a product or service of your choice as an example.
- Discuss the roles of social responsibility and technology in the marketing function.
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the tile of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Distinguish between the major forms of business ownership and compare the advantages and disadvantages of each.
- Define entrepreneurship and the nature and importance in the U.S. economy of small businesses.
- Describe the basic accounting process and the financial statements used in business.
- Identify the basic components of the marketing process (product, promotion, pricing, and distribution).
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in business.
- Write clearly and concisely about business issues using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.