MGMT Assg 6 HW
This assignment covers chapter nine, Corporate-Level Strategy: Horizontal Integration, Vertical Integration, and Strategic Outsourcing, and chapter ten, Corporate-Level Strategy: Related and Unrelated Diversification.
Chapter 9 Questions
- Who makes strategies at the corporate level, and how this strategy is made? How would an organization with a multi-business model form their strategies? What would they target?
- Why would a company leverage horizontal integration as a strategy? What are the advantages and disadvantages of horizontal integration ?
- Why would a company leverage vertical integration as a strategy? What are the advantages and disadvantages of vertical integration? When companies vertically disintegrate and why?
- What is strategic outsourcing? Describe why a company would explore this option as an alternative to vertical integration. What are the potential advantages and disadvantages of strategic outsourcing.
Chapter 10 Questions
- Why do companies diversify? When do companies consider diversification? What are the advantages of diversification.
- Describe related and unrelated diversification, and why a company would choose one diversification method or the other.
- Describe what can cause diversification to fail.
- When seeking to enter a new industry, some companies decide to acquire another company. Describe the advantages and disadvantages a company may face when exploring acquisition to enter a new industry.