Your Leadership Application Project is due this week. Complete project requirements are listed on the Leadership Application Project page in Week 05.
Leadership Application Project
- To develop a clear understanding of one of two general leadership strategies and apply that strategy to an actual situation.
- To evaluate the strengths and/or weaknesses of the strategy used in that situation.
For this project you are to choose one of the leadership strategies below:
- Leadership by example
- Leadership by teaching/coaching
You should then develop a report describing a situation which clearly exemplifies the style you chose, as well as provide a critical evaluation of the leader’s actions.
Project Report Requirements
Your final project report should have the following elements:
- Title Page
- Abstract or summary of the paper
- A synopsis, or review, of the leadership style you have chosen, utilizing published sources. The text contains a number of references on each style, and a search through library or internet resources can yield more. This portion should run about 3 pages in length and utilize at least four referenced sources.
- Describe a situation which clearly exemplifies the style you have chosen. This situation could be one in which you yourself utilized the style, one in which you observed someone else using the style, or one in which you were actuallly led by someone. ( 1-2 pages)
- Critically evaluate the leader’s actions. (This may be a self-evaluation, of course, if you are leader in question.) Evaluate the leader’s strengths and weaknesses in handling the situation. Offer recommendations. What do you think could have been done better?( 2 -3 pages).
- Concluding paragraph
- References: Utilize APA conventions for references and citations.
Your Leadership Application Project is due in Week 10.