Write a short essay (480-500 words) in Microsoft Word that describes any of the following topics:
- A memorable vacation or trip
- A special family event
- A person of significance in your life
- Volunteer work that you complete
- A cause that is important to you
In the essay, make sure that you accomplish the following:
- Explain why the topic is important to you.
- Provide many details that will allow the reader to walk in your shoes; to experience the sights, sounds, and smells of the day or event; and to experience what you did.
- Ensure that your writing is well-organized and grammatically correct.
Assignment Criteria Proficient Descriptor Points Topic Significance Writing communicates the significance or importance of the chosen topic. /12 pts.
Expression of Ideas Writing is detailed and informative. /12 pts.
Organization of Ideas Writing is organized and clearly connects the main topic and supporting details. The ideas flow logically. /10 pts.
Grammar & Mechanics Sentences are clear and free from grammar and spelling errors. /4 pts.
Assignment Length Assignment is approximately 500 words in length. /2 pts.