a) Benchmark Assignment: Integrating Science and Mathematics
i) Create a unit plan integrating science and math content of fractions, decimals, and/or percents.
ii) Ensure you have listed each of the science (NSES)) and math (NCTM) standards to include learning goals and objectives.
iii) Create the unit plan including the following:
(1) Clear-cut objectives that align to standards
(2) Relevant materials and resources
(3) Differentiation of instruction to address the diverse needs of students. Name the differentiation strategies for the specific diverse groups.
(4) Problem solving and inquiry strategies
(5) The 12 science processes
(6) Concrete manipulatives to help develop science and fraction/decimal sense
(7) Informal and/or formal assessment that align with objectives
(8) Authentic, formative and/or summative assessments
(9) Allow for student reflection