- Watch Biases powerpoint( it’s on the Drag & Drop file to upload Box)
- Read But I Didn’t Mean It (Links to an external site.) article: https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/psysociety/e2809cbut-i-didne28099t-mean-ite2809d-why-ite28099s-so-hard-to-prioritize-impacts-over-intents/
After watching the Biases PPT and reading “But I Didn’t Mean It,” please post to this discussion board
Consider the following guiding questions for your post.
- Do you have to mean to be racist in order to be racist?
- What does unintentional bias look like?
- How have you experienced bias? Were the perpetrators intentional? Did it matter?
- How has intersectionality affected bias in your own life?
- What is the relationship between a single sexist act, and Sexism (little “s” sexism vs. capital “S” Sexism).
- What can you do to combat bias in your own life?