You are a Health Officer for a rural county health department and have been assigned to study the frequency of an infectious disease such as tuberculosis. Write a 2- to 3-page essay in which you do the following:
- Describe observational and experimental epidemiology. Be sure to identify differences between these two types of analytic epidemiology.
- Under what conditions will you conduct a case-control study as opposed to a cohort study?
Be sure to support your opinion with evidence from the literature.
In order to earn full credit:
Length: Case assignments should be 2-3 pages in length.
Please write your paper in your own words. That is the only way I can evaluate your level of understanding. Quotes are rarely needed; if necessary, they should comprise less than 10% of a paper and must be properly cited.
Even though the papers must be written in your own words, you are required to cite sources for any statement of fact or idea that is not common knowledge. You are required to cite the sources within the body of the paper and include a reference list at the end of the paper.
Note: Wikipedia is not an acceptable source of information. Use credible, professional, and scholarly sources such as journal articles from ProQuest or EBSCO, and government, university, or nonprofit organizations’ web sites.
For each module as a whole, you must clearly show that you have read the module homepage and the required background materials. You are welcome to do research in addition to — but not instead of — the required readings.
Your papers will be evaluated on the following factors:
- References – citations are used within the body of the paper any time you state a fact or idea that is not common knowledge and a reference list is included at the end of the paper.
- Precision – you follow all instructions and you answer each part of the assignment.
- Breadth – you show broad knowledge of the module’s topic.
- Depth – you go into detail to show more critical thought about the specific assignment.
- Clarity – the extent to which you elaborate and include discussion or examples as asked.
- Application – the extent to which you apply the information to a real-life situation related to the assignment, if asked.