ASSIGNMENT 1 BUS 499
- Getting Started
- Course Info
- My Professor
- Strayer Writing Standards
- Your Course
- Week 1
- Week 2
- Week 3
- Week 4
- Media Gallery
- Course Tool Help
- Assessing Your Organization
- WELCOMEWelcome to Week 3! This week, we will turn our attention away from the external factors affecting a business and focus more on the internal factors. As with the external factors, you will see that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure in making sure that each piece of a business is running smoothly.
- TO-DO LIST0%
Learn: Read Chapter 3 in Strategic Management: Concepts and Cases: Competitiveness and Globalization. Learn: Review the PowerPoint and notes files. Practice: Complete Mindtap: Toyota. Discuss: Complete the discussion, Strong Brands. Assignment: Submit the Strategic Management and Strategic Competitiveness assignment, due this week. Career: Update your resume.
- VIDEO QUIZ: TOYOTA (CH 3) In this short video you will see concepts from this week’s readings applied to the company, Toyota. Answer the short quiz to test your knowledge.
- WEEK 3 DISCUSSION 1Strong Brands
Click the link above to get started with the weekly discussion. If you need help with completing discussions, please watch this video for more information.
- STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT AND STRATEGIC COMPETITIVENESS
Strategic Management and Strategic Competitiveness
Choose one public corporation in an industry with which you are familiar. Research the company on its own website, the public filings on the Securities and Exchange Commission EDGAR database, the University’s online databases, the Nexis Uni database, and any other sources you can find. The annual report will often provide insights that can help address some of these questions.
Write a four- to six-page paper in which you do the following:
- Assess how globalization and technology changes have impacted the corporation you researched.
- Apply the industrial organization model and the resource-based model to determine how your corporation could earn above-average returns.
- Assess how the vision statement and mission statement of the corporation influence its overall success.
- Evaluate how each category of stakeholder impacts the overall success of this corporation.
- Go to Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library and locate at least three quality references. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not quality as academic resources.
- Use the Assignment 1 Template [DOCX] to ensure that your assignment meets the above requirements.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is the following:
- Determine the impact of globalization and technology changes, strategic models, vision and mission statements, and stakeholders on a corporation’s success.
- Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic and organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the scoring rubric.