Applying Hypothesis Testing
For this discussion, answer the following questions:
- What is a null hypothesis?
- What is an alternative hypothesis?
Then articulate a null hypothesis and alternative hypothesis for a research study that pertains to your area of specialization.
- What conclusions can be drawn from this study with a “statistically significant” result?
Use your Warner text, Applied Statistics: From Bivariate Through Multivariate Techniques, to complete the following:
- Read Chapter 3, “Statistical Significance Testing,” pages 81–124. This reading addresses the following topics:
- The logic of null hypothesis testing.
- Type I and Type II errors.
- The z test.
- Null hypothesis and alternative hypothesis.
- Limiting Type I error.
- Effect size.
- Statistical power.
APA format….Site references
Select one of the three eating disorders (anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, or binge eating disorder), and describe the treatments for that disorder. Explain how effective these treatments are in treating the disorder.
Your response should be a minimum of 200 words.