Applied Plan for Program Design and Evaluation
You are part of a behavior consulting team providing consultation to local service agencies in your area.
Choose one of the following scenarios and write a comprehensive plan for program design and evaluation You are being asked to apply what you have learned about how Evidence-Based Program Planning applies to organization-wide behavior interventions.
- Just Like Home nursing home wants to assess the possible need for a new behavior management program to prevent Alzheimer’s patients from wandering unsupervised and endangering themselves.
- VHab vocational training program for developmentally disabled adults wants to assess the possible need for a new program to train clients as potential volunteers for various community services.
- Stars ABA program, providing clinic-based ABA interventions for children with autism, wants to assess the possible need for a staff training program to increase the use of reinforcers delivered to children for appropriate behaviors during therapy sessions.
- Kap County Department of Health and Human Services wants to assess the need for a program to teach basic parenting and safety skills to parents whose children have been identified as “at-risk” for abuse or neglect.
Separate your plan into sections related to each step of the program design and evaluation process:
- Problem Analysis
- Needs Assessment
- Developing Strategies and Objectives (*note that you should include at least 2 recommendations for intervention strategies that are evidence-based and you should write at least 2 clear objectives for each intervention strategy you recommend)
- Program Design
- Performance Measurement and Monitoring (*note that you should identify 1 data requirement for each objective you identified and explain how you would use the information you gather)
- Performance Evaluation (*note that you should explain how you would apply the data you gather to make program decisions)
- Identify the tools and actions needed to complete each step of the program design and evaluation process.
- Apply the tools and actions you identified to complete each step of designing and evaluating a program for your chosen scenario.
Your paper should be 5 pages in length, include proper APA formatting (including properly formatted headings for each section of your plan), and include at least 3 academic references (including your course text).
Unit 9 Assignment