For this Assignment, you will analyze a federal social welfare policy that affects an at-risk, marginalized, oppressed, underrepresented, or over looked group population. Finally, consider the impact of social policy from the perspective of the group you selected.
Assignment (6-7 double-spaced pages, APA format). In addition to a minimum of eight scholarly references, which may include electronic government documents and reputable websites, your paper should include:
- A description of the current policy approach for addressing the social issue you selected
- A description of the current policy goals for addressing the social issue you selected
- A description of the population the current policy approach covers
- An explanation of the funding levels for the current policy approach and whether they are sufficient to address the issue
- An explanation of how this policy may affect at-risk, marginalized, underrepresented, overlooked, or oppressed populations. Identify a specific at-risk population.
- An analysis of whether or not the policy meets the needs of the population groups most affected by the policy.
- Recommendations for alternative policies that would address the gaps identified in the policy. Please be specific in recommendations.
For this Discussion, review this week’s resources. Consider the impact of health care policy’s evolution on Medicaid and Medicare programs. Then, think about a specific Medicaid policy in your state that should be amended, and reflect on how you would amend it and why. Finally, research the stakeholders involved in Medicaid and Medicare health care policy in your state and consider the role of these stakeholders in policy development for this issue.
Post an explanation of how the evolution of health care policy has influenced programs such as Medicaid and Medicare. Then, describe a specific Medicaid policy in your state that should be amended, and explain how you would amend it and why. Finally, describe the stakeholders involved in the Medicaid and Medicare health care policy in the state of TEXAS , and explain the role of these stakeholders in policy development for this issue.