No Plagiarism please. Follows APA Style with references.
Assignment: Age Appropriate Health Maintenance Screening and Associated Tools
This Assignment includes ten different pediatric cases that require further evaluation with a developmental testing tool. Selecting the correct tool is vitally important in getting accurate data that promotes early identification and intervention. A template is available to you as an Excel spreadsheet in Course Documents, and is specifically designed for this Assignment.
After you have selected the standardized developmental testing tool that is appropriate for each of the following cases, address the following:
- Does the tool measure the domain(s) of concern?
- Is the tool “age appropriate?”
- Does the tool address cultural considerations?
- Who is to administer the test?
- Is the reliability and validity of the tool acceptable? How did you assess these measurements?
- How much time is involved in using the tool?
- Is the language of the tool applicable to the patient and family?
In a 2-page paper, discuss one state or federal legislation that addresses the needs of vulnerable populations in the US and discuss the impact the policy has had on a select population.
Two references are required: One from a peer-reviewed NURSING journal less than 5 y/o and one from the course textbook.
Professional, governmental, or educational
organizations (.org, .gov, or .edu) may be used as supplemental references.
Here is the course textbook:
de Chesnay, M., & Anderson, B.A. (2015). Caring for the vulnerable: Perspectives in nursing
theory, practice, and research (4th.ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett.